Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Back from our Road Trip

We're back from the Louisville Shows. And we had a great time. Which just goes to prove - quite decisively - that I'm a glutton for punishment. Roc NQd every time out. And I still had fun. I've decided that we are going to work through whatever his issues are - I'm also an eternal optimist! We're not going to give up as long as he enjoys training and works so beautifully - everywhere but in the ring. Anybody ever heard of a dog with stage fright?

The best part of the weekend (aside from the fantastic ice cream at the Kentucky Expo Center) was seeing old friends and making new ones. And seeing over 100 Brussels Griffons in one place. It's the only place and time I can walk around with Roc and not hear "what a cute Pug" every other step!

We spent a good chunk of time at the Agility venue - one of these days, maybe Dax and I will give competition a try (I told you I was an optimist). It's amazing to watch the teamwork between dog and handler, especially in the Excellent classes. And, unlike the agility competitions you can find on TV, in real life there are many breeds other than Border Collies and Shelties doing agility. We saw everything from Chihuahuas to Great Danes, and most in-between. No French Bulldogs in Agility, but a wonderful one in Obedience. So maybe "Performance Frenchie" isn't quite the oxymoron it seems.

1 comment:

Kahshe Cottager said...

Dogs can be funny ... I'll bet that one day Roc will walk into the ring and perform as if he has always been there just to shock your socks off!

I am glad you had fun despite his stage fright. Did he enjoy seeing all the other Brussels Griffons as well? Will we get to see pictures??