Friday, April 20, 2007

Dog Treat Tasting

We got in some new treats here at Golly Gear. They're the teeniest little nuggets - some are crunchy, some are soft - called Best Buddy Bits. And they come in many intriguing flavors - Cheese, Chicken, Carob, Peanut Butter, Maple Bacon. So, I had to try some. I have to admit to a long-standing compulsion to try my dog's treats. Actually, it has been confined, for the most part, to the treats I've made myself. (The recipe for Golly's favorite treats in the universe, Carob Treats, are posted on the site, with pictures of Hope making them.) They really are good, and small enough that I didn't feel guilty about snagging a few. Just a few, or Golly would give me the evil eye! We all know that chocolate is poisonous to dogs, but carob is a good substitute for the flavor. Anyway, the Peanut Butter Best Buddy Bits are really, really good! I mean, really excellent! They're sweet and peanutty, and nice and crunchy. I'm thinking about opening a bag and snacking....

No comments: