Monday, June 04, 2007

It's the most wonderful place

I truly feel sorry for anybody who's never been to Wrigley Field. I know how hapless the Cubs are. I've been a fan for decades now. But if you don't have a good time at Wrigley - you have no appreciation for the finer things in life. It's the only place in the world that Old Style Beer tastes wonderful. And really awful nachos are delicious.
There's no better place for people-watching. And if you just happen to love baseball - you'll think it's heaven on earth.
Can you tell we had a great time at the game yesterday? It doesn't hurt that the Cubs won.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Indiana and my family spent some fantastic weekends in Chicago. Wrigley Field was always tops on our list.

Kahshe Cottager said...

Not a big baseball fan but our Nana at 104 is still one of the Blue Jays most ardent fans! Her birthday is this coming Sunday and they are going to wish her a happy birthday at the game. I wish I could take her to be there in person but she would find it too tiring I think.

Hope said...

Jan -
I'm glad you love Wrigley, too! We try to get to at least one game every season. Such fun!

Kahshe(what is your name?)-
A very, very happy birthday to Nana!!! I hope her Jays triumph on her day.

-Hope

Betsy said...

"It's the only place in the world that Old Style Beer tastes wonderful."

Not even Wrigley can make that beer taste good. That's why they sell Budweiser, too. ;-)

Hey, it's time for my old joke.

Do you know what the difference between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Chicago Cubs is?

The Cardinals have won a World Series in their new ballpark!

(Busch stadium, new in 2006, Cards won then. Wrigley was new after 2008....)

;-p

Betsy said...

Oops! That's *1908* not *2008*!