Friday, June 22, 2007

Golly Went Back to School

I don't know what possessed me on Tuesday. I took Golly to training class. Hope and I are members of the North Shore Dog Training Club - Hope talked about our trial last Sunday - and the club has classes every Tuesday evening. The club was also going to have a short general meeting on Tuesday, so I thought it would be a good time to go to training. And, since it had been a while since I'd taken Golly on an outing, I thought we would guest train in the Novice class. And since Golly has her Companion Dog title I figured this would be a good refresher for her (and me!). She loved it! Sure, Golly was heeling a little wide and her fronts weren't exactly straight, but it's been five years since we'd done any training!

So, now I'm thinking maybe I'll go to some Rally matches and maybe, maybe, even compete!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rally is so much fun! We are teaching another class in August.. I love watching how dogs and handlers work as a team.

Have fun! Post picks!

Fran said...

And, Rally will be good for a little dog who suddenly developed separation anxiety in the Open Obedience class!!! Yes, that's Golly...

Anonymous said...

A little post graduate work. It all sounds like fun.

Kahshe Cottager said...

I have had some reading to do to catch up! You have all been busy!!! It sounds as though all the dogs are doing well with their respective classes and events - A big BOW WOW to them and congratulations to the Mommies!!!