Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Is it finally sinking in?

The winter storm finally passed - by noon today it was a magnificent winter day. Crisp air, sun shining, glittering white snow on the ground. If more winter days would look like this afternoon, I wouldn't even consider becoming a snowbird in my old age.

But that's not really what I wanted to talk about today. Roc and I are seriously getting ready to compete in Open obedience and we have a full schedule in the next month - three matches and five Obedience Trials.

I'm learning to just let go and have fun with my dog at these events. And it seems to be working! At the match we were in last Sunday my boy was terrific! He did all the exercises (except for dropping the dumbbell to inspect the leaf that looked like a cookie on the ground), heeled like a champ, did his sits and stays! And this was after waiting around for three and a half hours to go in the ring. I'm really happy that our present training seems to be sinking in to his little Griffie hardhead.

No comments: