Friday, December 22, 2006

Golly holds a grudge

Golly holds a grudge longer than anyone else (any species) I know. Yesterday she had to go into the vet for a starving blood test, so there was no breakfast for Golly! Her siblings got breakfast. Her sibs got treats. Golly got pats and hugs. The expression on her face was like, "What's up with that? I don't want hugs! Gimme food!!" No dice, kiddo. No matter how cute you look, I'm not giving in!

And Golly can look plenty cute. Many have succombed to those big brown eyes. But, it was for her own good. So, no food for Golly. I left Hope to take her in for the test and went to work. When I got home it was all I could do to get Golly to look at me. It took some extra-special treats and individual attention until I was back in Golly's good graces!

No comments: