Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dog training for fun and profit. Lots of fun. Very little profit.

Every Tuesday night for the last umpteen years I've gone to training class with my dog. We belong to the North Shore Dog Training Club. My non-doggy friends tease us about it, asking things like "Doesn't he know enough yet?" or "Aren't you trained by now?"

Silly people. They just don't get it. Every week, for one hour, I get to have fun with my dog. No matter what else is happening in my life, for that one hour, I don't have to think about it. Sure, when we're sufficiently "trained," we go to trials and try to show off what we've learned. But that's not really the point, for us.

Can you imagine a more wonderful thing than getting together with your friends and their dogs for one hour every week?

No comments: