Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Look out - that box makes noise!

Tuesday evening, every Tuesday, is obedience class. Now that it's a bit cooler (our training hall isn't blessed with air conditioning) I take both Roc and Dax. Roc and I are in Open class from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30, then Dax and I train in Novice class from 8:30 to 9:30.

I take a collapsible crate for the dog I'm not working with. The dog is out of the way, fully visible, but unable to cause trouble.

Except that Roc thinks he's the King of the Universe and any dog that gets in his personal space is going to hear about it! We were working on Recalls, lined up, taking turns. Buddy, the year-old yellow Lab wanted to check out the crate, so he ambled over to give it a sniff. Roc told him to "back off" in no uncertain terms! Then Fernando, the year-old Spanish Water Dog, had to check out the strange object making so much noise. He heard a lot more noise.

Apparently, Roc isn't going to put up with any random sniffing by whippersnapper puppies! On the other hand, I'm not going to put up with any hint of dog aggression from that pipsqueak! After Roc gave me a nice "down" in his crate I brought him out to meet the other pups. Everybody decided to be friends, after all.

Buddy and Fernando are still a bit suspicious of that crate.

No comments: