Friday, September 01, 2006

Backsliding

An inevitable part of any training is backsliding. We work so hard, reach a high level of achievement, and the next training session everything falls apart. It's normal, it happens all the time and to everyone, yet it's still supremely frustrating.

In my ongoing saga of Ceilidh's agility training, I'm at the frustrating stage. We approach a course and I think I'm cool, calm and collected. I know what I need to do, where I need to be, where I have to tell Ceilidh to go and she looks at me like she's never seen the equipment before. And then she starts to investigate every spek of invisible dust on the floor. I know it's her stress and uncertainty manifesting itself, but it's still frustrating.

I just have to tell myself it's normal, natural, everyone goes through it and we'll get past this stage. Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admire you so much for doing this kind of activity. I'm sure there are times of frustration but that makes the times of success that much better.