Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Close your eyes. Picture a beautiful green ribbon....

I'm not sure if I believe in Positive Imaging. In fact, I pretty much think it's a bunch of baloney. Last week I was composing blog entries in my head, announcing to the world that Roc and I finally had our first legs toward our Open obedience title after two trials this past weekend.

Maybe it should have been Roc doing the imaging. Saturday we did great through the individual exercises. Not perfect, but well into qualifying range. Then he did something he hasn't done in years - he must have been really, really tired. He decided to lie down in the middle of the long sit. Instant disqualification.

But, there was certainly a lot to be happy about - he worked happily in the ring, he heeled beautifully and we did have a lot of fun.

So, I was very optimistic on the drive to the trial on Sunday. Despite the 50-degree weather and drizzling rain. It was going to be a great day.

Roc did his group exercises like a champ. Sat for three minutes, downed for five minutes, with me totally out of sight. Unfortunately, he's already disqualified for the day. He did everything happily and well until the Broad Jump. He ran up to it and stopped dead. Like he'd never seen one before.

Maybe I'll give up on the imaging and spend the time training. May not help. Couldn't hurt.

No comments: