Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween made easy

Every once in a while I come up with a great idea and congratulate myself for it ad nauseum and forever. But this one is actually timely and useful - so feel free to coopt it for you own. It really has made our lives much easier.

Halloween is a particularly impossible time with the dogs - the doorbell keeps ringing and the furless kids keep coming to the door and wanting us to give them the candy we've been carefully hoarding for ourselves.

To make life much, much easier - I lock the screen door and take out the top window panel. The door doesn't open, the dogs can see the kids, the kids can see the dogs, the dogs can't get out, the kids can't get in and I can hand out all the candy I really shouldn't have in the house and everybody's happy!

No comments: