Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Full schedule

Isn't it interesting how perceptions vary? If you'd asked me, I'd have said I rarely go anywhere or do anything. Some friends stopped by the other day and mentioned they rarely see my car parked by the house, that I'm never home.
So I got to thinking about it and realized it's true! The reason we're six months behind watching the shows we've taped (still in the VHS dark ages) is because nobody's ever home to watch them. Between work, two nights a week of training, trials, and actually fitting in some socializing - this middle-aged spinster is lucky enough to be constantly busy.
And the next month looks terrifyingly packed! I'm looking forward to all of it, but the schedule's jammed. I leave for the Frenchie Jamboree next week, followed by an agility trial the weekend I get home, we're getting ready to move the business, and our club's Obedience Trial is right after that. I'm lucky I remembered to squash a haircut in there.
While it's absolutely true that life hasn't turned out the way I expected it to when I was a teenager, I think I'm doing a fairly good job of making lemonade and enjoying every drop.
Bookmark and Share


1 comment:

Jan said...

I love to hear people with that kind of attitude toward life.