Thursday, August 09, 2007

Does it ever stop?

It's nice to see that I'm not alone - the majority of votes on the poll seem to support my contention that the Swiffer is, in fact, the best invention ever in the history of the earth.
Since all of our dogs are short-coated, they don't really need daily grooming. I brush everybody (but Ceilidh) twice a week with a rubber grooming brush and a slicker brush. I don't quite remember why I started using both, but they seem to work together for nice, shiny doggy coats.
Golly's coat is by far the most impressive. Lush, thick, glossy black fur, just a bit of white creeping in now that she's 11. And she is the champion shedder of our house. Every time I brush her, you could coat a puppy. I used to think it was seasonal, but I was wrong.
Roc and Dax both shed, but Golly puts them to shame. It's like they're not even trying when faced with such a prodigious producer of fluff piles.
Ceilidh, however, is exempt from this tirade. She sheds very little, if at all. The reason for that is that the poor baby has an auto-immune disease that requires her to have a medicated bath every week. If she doesn't, she's completely bald. Last time I checked, there's no such breed as a Boston Hairless.


3 comments:

Kahshe Cottager said...

I swear the dog fur floating around here is about to turn into puppies there is sometimes so much of it! I also love my swiffer!

Uncivil said...

I just bought a "Furminator" for Abigail.Google it. Then go to Ebay and get one! I love it!

Hope said...

Well, we've tried the Furminator. It's resulted in impressive clumps of hair piling up during use. I hope that the piles when I'm using it means fewer floating around the house - we'll see! Thank you, Jimmy.