Friday, January 28, 2011

Cabin Fever

Another dull January day. (But I'm glad we don't live on the East Coast, with all the snow out that way.) One ray of sunshine is the azalea blooming at home. It makes me happy every time I look at the plant. A friend gave us this plant many years ago. She passed away longer ago than I like, but the azalea keeps going.

Last night was a difficult one at Agility Class. It seemed that many dogs had a bad case of cabin fever and were reactive and over-stimulated by the other dogs and the different environment. Fortunately I was mostly able to keep Tango focused on the small behaviors we were doing between the more active ones. We're still in Beginners class, so the behaviors are simple. But Tango jumped over all 3 jumps on the recall. And he kept me at top speed for the curved tunnel - straight tunnel sequence! (Hope said that Dee, our instructor, commented to her, "Look at your sister go!" Yup, I was truckin'!)
-Fran

1 comment:

Pam and Cabot said...

Beautiful flowers! What a lovely reminder of a treasured friendship.