Friday, November 14, 2008

Sarah wants me to visit!

I got this envelope in the mail yesterday. "Hmmm," I thought to myself. "What could Sarah possibly want? The election's been over for a week and a half. She couldn't possibly want a donation... Well, maybe she could but that's not going to happen..." I usually toss solicitations into the recycling bin without even opening them but this one was irresistible. It turns out that the Governor of Alaska has some geniuses on her staff. Nothing like striking while the iron is hot! This is an offer to receive an official Alaska travel guide! Absolutely free! The letter inside rhapsodizes about the "breathtaking glaciers, deep blue fjords, the midnight sun or dazzling aurora borealis, rain forests, volcanic landscapes..." Want to go? As appealing as it sounds, I'm going to turn Sarah down. I'm staying in my nice warm house.
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Betsy said...

It is tough to say no to 75-degree summer days with 18 hours of sunshine, though.

Sure, going NOW would be nuts, but 7-8 months from now, not so crazy.