Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mixed bag of a day

Yesterday started out so good! The sun was shining, the air was crisp and delightful. I had scheduled an obedience and agility lesson with our instructor Dee - our first private lesson. We're getting ready to compete and we needed a fresh eye and perspective on our skills.
I learned a lot - lessons aren't really for the dogs. Dogs can show what they know, but the learning comes at home in small daily sessions.
The funniest thing I learned is that I walk crooked! Apparently most people do, but I had no idea! Dax and I started heeling down a long, long room. Most obedience mats have ridges, so we usually have some sort of guide. Not this time! I wound up in the opposite corner! No wonder Dax heels a little wide - she's been afraid I'll step into her.
I learned a whole slew of tiny little "kitchen exercises" - stuff we can practise in just a couple of minutes, at home in our own kitchen. Dax really seemed to have a good time, I know I did!
She also enjoyed her first ride in the new crates in the new car. I've always had plastic, solid crates in the car before, so this was the first time she's been able to see where we're going as well as where we've been. I get the feeling she's going to be quite the backseat driver.
Then I got to work and things went downhill fast. A nasty piece of malware had taken up residence in my computer and shut me down. It took forever to find the right software that could deal with the trojan and remove it. I can't understand the motivation - what twisted mind gets a kick out of making strangers' lives difficult? And where do they find the time and energy? Don't they have anything better to do?
Bookmark and Share


No comments: