Friday, June 20, 2008

Motorcyclists, be safe out there!

Last night was Agility Class again. To get there we travel less than 10 miles, but saw two motorcyclists driving unsafely and the aftermath of one. The first instance was before we even got on the expressway. We were in a line stopped at a light when a motorcyclist came roaring out of a parking lot across the street to zoom past the line of stopped cars to be first when the light changed. The second was a cyclist was weaving in and out of lanes on the expressway. The third was a crash between a motorcycle and a car on the expressway. Two fire trucks, two Illinois Department of Transportation vehicles and an ambulance were on the scene. There's a lesson. Be careful out there!
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Jan said...

I almost hit a motorcyclist yesterday as he emerged from a line of cars to suddenly appear in front of me. My reaction was to slam on my brakes. His reaction was to flip me the bird. Brilliant, just brilliant.

Kahshe Cottager said...

Motorcycles scare the wits out of me on the highways. My youngest daughter rides a motocross bike but only on trails or on a track. She thankfully never goes near a road.

Hope all is well with you and yours. I have been away from Blogland for quite a while and am easing myself back in.

Chris Beanie said...

Short Olympics in China!
CAT HOLOCAUST: http://tinyurl.com/6qnf9t