Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Weights and measures

A customer and I were talking in the shop today and he was reminiscing about some trouble he'd gotten into several years before. I don't know exactly what it was, but I got the definite impression he'd gone on an "enforced vacation." And then he looked at me and said "Please don't judge me by what I did when I was young and stupid."
And I told him that my yardstick for measuring people is how they treat their dogs. I hadn't really thought about my answer before it came out, but I've decided I like it.

4 comments:

Johann The Dog said...

Sure does say a lot about folks, I like it!

Johann

Anonymous said...

I can't really think of a better way to judge people than the way they treat a creature who never judges people.

FrogDogz said...

I won't date anyone my dogs don't like. And if they don't like my dogs? Finis. I knew my ex and I were done when my rock-stable matiff pinned him against a wall...

Uncivil said...

Excellent answer. My thoughts exactly!

I probably will never have another girlfriend cause my dogs will sleep in the bed with me, and she can sleep on the couch if she doesn't like it!