Thursday, May 17, 2007

Can I come?

Apparently it takes very little for our dogs to adjust to a new routine. After her poisoning last week we brought Dax to work and kept her in a puppy playpen here. She liked it a lot.
Now, when I'm getting ready to leave the house, preparing the dogs' crate treats, she bounces around the house, doing the whole "I'm an adorable French Bulldog" thing and doesn't want to "kennel up!" with the rest of the dogs.
It's like she's saying "But moooooooooooooooooooom, I was a good girl at work. I'll be good, I swear!"
She can't understand that her behavior isn't the issue. It's mine. I wouldn't get a lick of work done if she came. She is too cute to resist.

4 comments:

ally said...

I am glad to hear that Dax is doing better! I could not believe what I was reading...it is a very scary world out there for our pets and animal friends. Hope she is all better soon!

Kahshe Cottager said...

Awwwww Mom .... how can you resist that impish little grin?

Glad to see Dax so perky after that poison scare. I would be wanting to pamper her too!

Uncivil said...

Oh my gosh!....I love that picture. So, glad she is doing so well. It would be hard to resist not taking her to work

Anonymous said...

That is truly a million dollar smile. Glad for the good news...and the warning to watch for signs. I've never understood the dog to work thing. How can people resist spending all their time with the dogs.