Saturday, March 24, 2007

Justified guilt

As it turns out, Roc was reluctant to jump for good reason - his right shoulder, left hip and neck are showing the first signs of arthritic changes.

But, his obedience career is not over! Yea! We've started him on glucosamine and he'll rest up for about six weeks, letting the inflammation heal and the glucosamine kick in. Then we'll be able to start jumping again.

In the meantime, we can still work on all the things that don't require jumping and start working on the Utility exercises. I ordered scent articles for the dude while we were in Louisville (custom fit, no less) and had to put the order on hold 'til I got these results.

I'm putting that order on the fast track now!

1 comment:

Kahshe Cottager said...

I am glad to hear you have a diagnosis and that it is something that can be treated. You see, your intuition was good and that you acted on it, even better! No more guilt!!

My old girl Tess has had arthritis for a few years now and has had relief for most of those without heavy duty meds. She still wants to play with the puppies when they visit!

I am confident that Roc will be feeling better soon too. Do you have hydrotherapy for dogs where you live? I understand that it has been very helpful for some dogs with arthritis too.