Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Boston Terrier for sale


I've started seriously reconsidering the whole "housebroken" thing. I'm really starting to see the advantage of permanently paper-training dogs. Not that we have anywhere in the house that could be devoted to "piddle pads," or that we'd really want to deal with them.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be awakened at 2:30 a.m. by a Boston Terrier Who Shall Remain Nameless (I'm lying - it was Ceilidh) scratching at my door because she really, really had to go out. Because Heaven Forfend she should actually go out when I told her to before bedtime. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Because at 11 p.m. when we went to bed it was a balmy 10 degrees F. And at 2:30 a.m. it was 89 million degrees below zero. And she simply cannot go out into the cold, cruel world by herself.

I really do love the little beast. But sometimes I wonder why.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hope,

I wouldn't bring my dogs out in such a cold weather and certainly not in the middle of the night!

I do think paper training is the way to go! Good luck!

BTW, Ceilidh is so cute with that outfit. :)

Jan said...

Dogs just like to mess with our heads. Deal with it. :>)

There is an indoor loo on the market but it seems like it would be more trouble than outside.

Hope said...

I've always been an advocate of "outside" training - but with the wind chill today (-30), it truly doesn't seem like the best idea. On the other hand, the dogs are all getting good at putting their coats on!