Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's raining jawbreakers!

Yesterday we had some interesting weather around here - hail the size of ping-pong balls and ferocious thunderstorms. I checked through the evening to see if the rain let up so I could let the dogs out. The first time I checked after it hailed, I found the most fascinating hail stones. I wish I'd thought to take a picture, but I didn't.

Some of the stones had rings - clear, translucent, clear translucent. And they were all over the place. The dogs thought it had snowed - they had no idea what to make of the weird, whitish stuff on the ground.

Thank goodness none of the current pack is afraid of thunder or lightening. Our first dog was terrified of thunderstorms, so I completely sympathize with anyone who has to go through that. This bunch is very nonchalant about storms. They prefer not to go out in the rain, but the thunder doesn't bother them. They look up, see that everything's okay, then go back to sleep.

I'm particularly happy about that because the forecast is for more of the same tonight, despite our blue skies and sunshine of the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had a few larger dogs who have been afraid of thunder, but none of my smaller dogs have been. My Poodle stud muffin raises his little head to the heaven and "arfs" the noise away.