Friday, September 23, 2011

Our heads hurt...

Last night was Agility class, as most Thursday evenings are. Our instructor, Dee, usually posts the sets (series of obstacles to be performed in sequence) online a couple of hours before class so that we can get a feel for them and plan how to handle our dogs through the obstacles. I don't have a whole lot of experience, but I can generally see a pattern if I look at the sets long enough. Yesterday I had no idea. Do 2 jumps, run across the room and do the weaves, do a jump and a tunnel, run to the far side of the weave poles and weave them back. Then in the next set, more of the same plus back-side jumping. Hunh?? We each took a turn and fumbled through once. Then Dee reminded us of some fundamentals, and it became clearer. Until then, though, Tango's and my heads hurt! - Fran

No comments: