Friday, May 21, 2010

Tango's First Haircut

I feel a little guilty (just a little). Tango is at the groomer's for the very first time. (Pictures to come!) For the conformation show ring, rough-coated Brussels Griffons are hand-stripped to achieve that short, scruffy ragamuffin look. That means the dead hair is ripped out using your fingers. Sounds painful to me. Tango was stripped for the first 10 months because he was shown a few times. But since conformation is not in Tango's future, and I don't have the inclination to learn how to strip him, Tango's getting a haircut today. I'm a little nervous too - not about the cut since CY's the best around - but because we're still working the bad behavior out of Tango's system. He's been much better around people lately, but Tango's a little jerk around other non-family dogs. I have to say, though, that when I handed the little knucklehead to CY this morning he was a good boy! Didn't try to bite her face off at all! (Let's hope that continues...) - Fran
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Betsy said...

The dead hairs are not "ripped" out. They come out fairly easily.
I am sure the dogs feel something and some definitely take issue around some areas (e.g., tush, belly, etc.).
But, if you are not going to show him, I could see why you would not want to contend with it.