Saturday, May 08, 2010

Back to winter

I thought it was spring! Here it is May 8 and there's a frost advisory for some areas tonight. Good thing I didn't plant anything! I feel badly for my neighbors who will have to bring in their beautiful containers and cover their new plantings tonight. While their fingers are turning blue. Back to winter jackets and sweatshirts! Maybe even gloves.

But spring is out there somewhere - our maple trees are dropping their seed pods (helicopters, we used to call them when we were kids) as they do every year about this time. But, in much greater quantities this year, I'm thinking. It's been really windy lately. The lilacs bloomed the other day. Sadly the beautiful little purple flowers are all on the ground now - given the roaring wind and the torrential downpours. - Fran
Bookmark and Share

No comments: