Thursday, December 20, 2007

Training and tagged!

Last night was Dax's and my first night at training in a while (vacation, flu, snowstorms - any excuse will do!) and I was surprised that she was a bit nervous at first. These are people and dogs she knows, in a place she knows. After we warmed up with a bit of heeling, Daxy seemed to relax a bit - until her buddy Buster (Cocker Spaniel) tried to horn in on her treats. My sweet little girl actually almost-snarled at him! Then she recognized who it was and settled - until her best-friend-in-the-world Ryder (Dobe) came up. And she snarled at him! I don't care how much she likes cheese - that behavior is not acceptable and won't be tolerated.
As she watched, from a "down, stay!" while Ryder and Buster got treats, her attitude adjusted nicely. I think we'll be going to training more regularly from now on.

Fuzzy Logic tagged me - 7 things that annoy me:

1: Shrieking children. Playing does not require sounds that make me wonder if I should call 911.

2: Drivers who can't decide which lane they're driving in.

3. Constant commercials for ED remedies. I was happy not knowing.

4. Spam. See #3.

5. Self-checkouts.

6. Self-righteousness.

7. Alarm clocks.

And 7 things that make me smile:

1. Seeing a friend's name on the caller ID.

2. My dogs.

3. Other people's dogs.

4. A bone-dry gin martini (tried North Shore Distiller's Gin?)

5. E-mail from friends

6. Watching Roc watch tv

7. Thinking about going to the Keys

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for playing! Incidentally, the fearful behavior can also be thyroid related...as is the snarkiness.

Targ used to freak out a street signs... tried to bolt under a car three blocks from hom.

Cyn said...

I have tagged you, see http://cyn-itsadogslife.blogspot.com/
HAPPY CHRISTMAS, Cyn