Friday, December 14, 2007

Requiem for a PC

My computer died last Saturday. Poor old thing. It was a good computer, but now it won't boot. Hope maintains that I drove it to an early grave (poor thing was just over 4 years old). It was not unusual for me to have five or six pretty intensive applications open at a time. Well, I use them all! Edit a photo in one, paste it to another. Check the email, print out orders, invoices and labels. Count them up! And, of course, I like to listen to my music while I work! I guess I should have ordered a new PC months ago when Hope first started bugging me to. Hope stopped in today, her day off and was horrified to discover that I was doing the same thing on her computer! Well, the next couple of days are going to be spent configuring the new one, which was delivered today! At least I was able to copy all the pictures of my babies onto a flash drive!

2 comments:

Uncivil said...

Fran, I do the same thing on my old Dell computer with several applications open at a time. It's over 6 years old and still kicking!

I'm thinking about checking this out when it's time for a new one!

http://www.visioncomputers.com/

Fran said...

Well, thankfully the new one is working well. And no more waiting for at least five minutes for the PC to boot, and for Dreamweaver to load!