Friday, December 10, 2010

Back again

Hi folks. I've been in computer hell for the last ten days. Since my old PC (3 years old) crashed 3 times in the last 6 months, and Dell was running a fantastic sale, we decided to buy 2 new ones. Out of the box, the first one had problems. No internet. I thought it was fixed and tried installing one of my software programs. Internet gone. Again, thought it was fixed and installed another program. Internet gone. Four days on the phone with Tech Support from one company or another. The last guy from Dell I talked to told me to call Adobe.?!* Complete and utter frustration. We tried setting up the second one. Worked like a dream from the start (knocking on wood here). So I gave up on the first one and sent it back. Understand that the return process took a couple of hours on the phone with Dell.

Bought a new Gateway from the Best Buy that's five minutes away. So far so good. Keep your fingers crossed. - Fran

No comments: