Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Best agility weekend yet!

Absolutely thrilled to report that Dax and I had two (out of four) successful runs at an agility trial last weekend! We qualified in Standard on Saturday (2nd of three required for a title) and in Jumpers with Weaves on Sunday (1st time!).
I'm not going to try to explain the esoteric ins and outs of agility competition - suffice it to say Dax did great and I'm absolutely delighted that we're finally able to work as a team and have some fun and success out there!
We did have a couple moments of sniffing (our friend Julie was impressed that Dax can be running full-tilt and stop on a dime to check out a fuzzy), but Dax stayed with me (no visiting!) and completed every course.
The biggest surprise for me was that French Bulldogs can fly! That's actually not a good thing. For those who're familiar with agility - she missed her A-Frame contact, doing her imitation of Supergirl. We've got to work on those running contacts.
There have been times that I considered giving up competition - dollars and time spent with no sign of success can be discouraging. I'm glad I decided to stick with it - I really enjoy competing with my dog and I'm getting a bit better at it. We may not set the world on fire, but this weekend, we were smokin'!
Bookmark and Share


2 comments:

Carlene said...

Sounds like you both did great! I'm glad you didn't give up.

*smooches* to Dax,

C

Johann The Dog said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you stuck with it too :)